Vacancy

Vacancy

Thursday, December 3, 2015

DECEMBER 3rd 2015

We lived in Ohio, had just two children, and were madly in love. He called me from the barbers and as we talked about the weekend plans it hit us, "oh crap we forgot our anniversary again". Yes this made for three years in a row. Then a fabulous streak of impeccable memory power as we remembered our anniversary for years. Until today! Who do we have to thank for reminding us of this magical day? Facebook. In my 'on this day memories' was the 'hey, by the way dork face you forgot your anniversary' reminder.  Below was my shining moment post of when I remembered last year.

For 20 years I have been blessed with the joys of marriage to the man of my dreams. I have picked up 5 trillion pairs of socks and underwear from the floor, loved him through the mullet years, done every dangerous sport known to man (okay not every), ran races, raced mountain bikes, birthed babies, adopted babies, loved others babies, fought some good fights, shed all kinds of tears, and followed this man any and everywhere. The crazy thing about this thing called love is that I wouldn't change any of it! Each day I can't wait to see what kind of crazy joy life brings our way. I am so madly in love with my guy still! Thank you Jason Jason S. Neal for being the tremendous man of God, husband, father, friend, pastor, and trainer you are! I love you!! 
PS. you left your underwear on the floor again......

I am so proud to say that we remembered for over ten years straight so in all honesty we were due for a forget. This is a great feat. Since we celebrate our love every day maybe we will celebrate today the fact that we love so much we forgot.

You all know that I am all about transparency so let me just be real here for a moment. There is a feeling of guilt (small feeling) and so I feel the need to justify a bit.

Yesterday went like this.....
4:30 am Jason slides three quarters of the way down a highway driving the hour to work.
Jason begins training a gazillion people and somehow remembers all their names and stories and genuinely cares.
Jason begins his competitive push to take more steps than all his Fitbit friends.
5:00 am I wake and read my daily love note from my husband and pray for him and all my children.
5:30 children begin to flood the main level of the house one by one searching for the freaking elf (who's idea was this anyway).
5:45 I quickly pay some bills.
6:00 make sure the seventeen year old is in the beginning stages of waking - this is a process.
Pick up mess left from night before starting from the basement and working my way up.
Start laundry
Get meds ready for kids
Wake second round of kids up.
Re-wake seventeen year old (yes his alarm is going off in background)
Breakfast
Laundry
Shove kids out the door (lovingly of course) as the bus is coming
Next round of kids up, feed them, find the elf, give more meds, and put on the bus.
Oh did I forget to mention that I am either holding or being chased by Emmaunel this whole time?
Get peed on - yep there's a highlight!
Three left at home get media time (for my benefit not theirs)
Quickly write a bit in my book
Switch gears and call my husband to discuss the new property
Attempt to be a realtor
Load up three children for a doctors appointment
FLU SHOTS!
Stop at Target and push a wheelchair and a cart and get stared at. Wonder if this was because I only remembered to put make up on one eye or maybe it's simply my awesomeness. Ha!
Pick up yet more prescriptions
Home
Laundry
Put dinner on
Check emails and return a million
Fail at being a realtor
Write
Talk to my husband for no reason other than to hear each others voices. LOVE!
Shop online quick
Speak with a teacher
Talk with five families about adoption - long story
Kids home - hungry animals
Get peed on - remember this is fun!
Remember that I promised to go to pizza night at church with the kids.
Jason gets home and changes quick.
Take a moment to stop and pray for the unfolding events in San Bernardino
To church for pizza night and leave three kids there for Catechism
Home for the soup I put in the crock pot earlier - real dinner
Help child with homework
Speak with real realtor - life saver!
Snuggle with my boy - best!
Respond to more emails
Pick up kids at church
Put rascals to bed
Kiss my husband and fall over

This is my cleansing of guilt blog.











2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your life with us...it's beautiful...ps...Happy belated Anniversary ;)

    ReplyDelete