Vacancy

Vacancy

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Private would not be word I would ever choose nor assume anyone would use to describe my husband and me. Our life is an open book and we have lived intentionally this way with full knowledge of the risks and rewards.
Yesterday morning started off as a typical morning in the Neal house. Children with frightening resemblance to zombies beginning to rise and walk making humanly unrecognizable sounds that only other zombies can understand. Consuming of mass amounts of cereal and waffles with a piece of fruit thrown in for good measure and substance to report to dad in case he asks commenced. My phone chirped several times in a row so I briefly tore myself away from the scene before me to peek at the need of whomever it was.
Friend requested and messaged by someone with a photo showing a young boy as the profile. This social media request came in the day prior however the small but albeit there, cynical part of me was uncertain about it so I ignored the request. Then came the message asking me if we could be friends. Still being cynical and guarded I began asking questions in reply to his message. This led to an all day conversation that eventually tore my heart out. He found our story as he was looking for a family for himself because his mom was getting rid of him.
Details are many and tangled and I will share them at a another time. The bottom line is that love is hard to find for some and such a desperate need in our lives. We not only desire it, we need it and will do most anything to find it. This is a perfect example. Our heart will lead us and when pain or fear is involved the direction is often seen as alarming and misguided.
I am so blessed to be surrounded with love on a constant basis, this I was blatantly reminded of as the events of yesterday unfolded.
My advice yet again is to love without weighing the reward, give not knowing the receiver, be kind to everyone, do not stop at fears door - push that sucker open and face what you see head on.
We ought not cease to love due to risk but love in spite of the mountain of risk before us. Love well!  

2 comments:

  1. I desire to love as you so naturally do. You are such an example of God's love for us and HOW HE loves...that remains my daily prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I desire to love as you so naturally do. You are such an example of God's love for us and HOW HE loves...that remains my daily prayer.

    ReplyDelete