Vacancy

Vacancy

Wednesday, November 25, 2015


It hit me at 4:30 this morning that yet again we get to see one our son's "firsts". Several tears of joy trickled down my cheeks as this thought warmed my heart. He has these eyes that say so much and are filled with awestruck wonder at each new thing he sees and feels. I could live off a diet of simply taking it all in, watching him watch his new world.
Our Christmas tree is already up and was put up while he was napping one day. When I brought him downstairs he began to laugh from the depths of his soul and point to the tree then to the door. He was clearly stating that apparently during a momentary lapse of judgment we allowed a tree to be brought into the house. His laughter, as always was incurably contagious and we all laughed together. Things got serious though when we put lights on this outdoor object and began to treat it as if it were a dear friend as we fluffed, fixed, and made pretty this crazy tree. Emmanuel is laid back and goes with the flow, that's just the kind of kid he is. True to who he is he went with it and embraced the tradition albeit with hesitation and a clear wonder if we would be bringing any other outdoor objects indoors.
As I think about all that I have to be thankful for a lump forms in my throat and my heart swells. Surrounding me are children that I have prayed for that repeatedly call out the most beautiful word, "mom".
My husband without fail writes me a love letter every morning. This is what I wake up to. Words of encouragement, affirmation, peace, joy, and true love bless the start of my every day.
My friends and family enrich my life with unconditional love and laughter.
I hope and pray that the blessings I receive will be what pours forth from who I am. I desire to love as I am loved!



3 comments:

  1. Oh, the pure joy those little eyes & smiles bring to our hearts! Such a rich life you live. I live vicariously thru your blog...don't know that I could handle ALL of what you do everyday. So admire your ability to put your life to such beautiful words....ahh, yes, to "love as I am loved by my Heavenly Father"....my prayer everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN to all Nancys note!!!! and "love as I am Loved by my Heavenly Father"-- With JOY! Thanks be to Him for ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings to you and your family. May we always find the joys & wonder in each and every day.

    ReplyDelete