Vacancy

Vacancy

Sunday, January 17, 2016

When the phone rang and caller ID showed the police departments phone number I knew we would be having guests. I did not expect it to be six. Similar to most other placements, this one was no different in the fact that it held complicated factors. However, I will say I was shocked by this one. I was to go and pick up the children at the police department but may not be bringing them all home. The more I heard the more I was confused and appalled. One of the infant twins had been poisoned, but by whom was yet to be revealed.
I left that night with with four delightful children. Two remained in the hospital and we would be informed later if we would foster them as well.

Miniature little angelic faces with huge eyes looked up at me and I melted. I struggled to focus on the instructions from the nurses as the stream of medical professionals came in to say goodbye to these wee ones they had all become attached to.
Grasping to all information I could to ensure the well being of these two tiny humans placed in our care, the nurses then helped us out to the van. They were so small in their car seats.

As the team of social workers, guardian ad litem, investigators, and family worked together to determine their plan, we got easy job. We got to love on these sweet ones for a few months!
These darlings certainly added a whole new feel to the Neal house, one we were undeniably blessed by.

I spend time in prayer daily for each and every one of the children that have come through our doors. I remember their names, their faces, theirs laughs.
They deserve to be remembered!  

1 comment:

  1. Another beautiful story, Jessica. Bless you for this work you do to make the world a better place for these children.

    ReplyDelete