Vacancy

Vacancy

Monday, February 19, 2018

I am a fan of humans. I am a fan of love.

There is not one single direction one can turn and not hear the hate, feel the rage, see the destruction.   At work it is a topic, at home it becomes nasty disputes, on social media it becomes awful heated arguments with those we never see yet call “friends”.  
Do black lives matter? Yes! Do immigrant lives matter? Yes!  Do Police lives matter? Yes! Do lives matter from the moment of conception? Yes! Gun laws along with thousands of others are flawed. Whether you voted for the man in office or not does not mean you ought to act a fool because you didn’t get your way. We are behaving as utter imbeciles.  Protesting is our right so do it with respect for that and the countless other rights we have. Each life lost in this world no matter the manner in which it was taken is a loss of a precious life. Mourn the loss and refrain from grabbing the pitch fork of blame in haste. If we don’t will it bring back the person we lost? Will it truly bring justice? Can it repair the hole in our hearts? It will prove to only give us instant and empty gratification, leaving a deep wound that needs love to heal remaining.

I am speaking of every story in the news, every hurtful dialogue seen on social media, every topic that causes division, every foul political feud. I myself have had to take a long hard look at my heart as I too want to quickly jump to offer opinions, give my idea of solutions, and point fingers of blame. Personally I came to rest on one question rather than an answer; what am I really a fan of?  I am a fan of humans and love. Some are grossly deranged, some are delicate beauties, some are the same color skin as I and some are not, some shine bright while others shadow evil with each step. I am no better than the next, I am subject to the evil traps of this world, I am the same as all others in one glorious way – I exist because I was created.

Not one of us can solve the entire world’s problems, not one of us can stop the evil that persists, not one of us can shed light on every inch of darkness on this planet alone but together we can!


So, in my own small diverse and magnificently created corner of the world I will do my part to be a fan of humans and be a fan of love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment