Vacancy

Vacancy

Monday, September 21, 2015

Meth ravaged through her veins for nearly nine months. This monster in drug form fought to control and kill both mother and child. Meth lost!
Today is World Gratitude Day. Each and every time I look at my daughter I am filled with awe and wonder. She made it, she survived. God had bigger plans for her, a world of promise and hope and every good thing. She is a beautiful story of beyond a conqueror. That tiny peanut came blasting into the world a fighter with no intentions of being less than incredible.
With a plethora of diagnoses and a file two inches thick that little girl became ours forever. Thankfully none of those initials or papers define her. The choices made for her before she was born were not of her own. The woman making those choices was wounded, addicted, beautiful, funny, valuable. She is loved.
All of my children are proud of their stories. It is where they came from and they cherish the women who chose to bring them into this world. Often while at stores or on vacations I am asked to buy a memorabilia for a tummy mommy. Done! Grateful for their hearts and their desire to love.
My children teach me on a daily basis how to love well. The eyes of a child see delight and hope in a world that is routinely dark.
Today, be grateful for your story. Albeit not defining, wonderfully life shaping.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica-
    I just wanted to tell you how beautiful I think you and your family are...I love when I get an email alert that you've posted so that I can wrap my heart around the good there still is in this world...too few put forth the effort...yet it takes so little to change the world.
    Thank you for being genuine.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete