Vacancy

Vacancy

Monday, August 17, 2015


I was, past tense and painfully so, a closet love-er. That can only mean that this is officially my "coming out" announcement. That is not meant to be taken lightly or said in jest. Quite the contrary in fact. Unwritten rules are everywhere in every walk of life and as an evangelical Christian, conservative, and saver of all sinners there are a couple of groups of folks that are to be kept at a distance. That is unless of course we can 'fix' them in turn saving them, making us heroes.
We love as Christ unless or until we face the ones that won't change, won't conform. What then are we to do? We speak of our willingness to be martyred for God yet are unwilling to be socially cast out of our circle of comfort.
Who are those I am speaking of? Those we keep much distance from yet never forget to pray for their deliverance in our bible studies and prayer groups?
Homosexuals and Muslims. They are to blame for my coming out and my being cast out. Let me reword that just for fun. My friends are to be credited for the eye opening, unconditional love I will never fear to show.
I have been cast out, unfriended, and now am on the 'pray for her' list by many. I suppose this was one way to sift and get prayed for.
I have been asked "why I feel the need to come out with this?" by several. I guess a another question that begs being asked is "why did it take you so long to speak up?" There is freedom to be had in being transparent, in being unashamedly loving of all. To be clear I have never been a quiet person that held my tongue however with each passing day I see my friends ridiculed, judged, condemned, and too often this is done in the name of Christ. It makes my stomach turn. I can and will love out loud all those who are in my life - not just a a select few. I am not the Judge but I will strive to love like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment